Masks to be mandatory across Cairns
Member for Cairns Michael Healy is now saying all Queenslanders must carry a mask at all times and wear a mask in indoor spaces, in line with official health advice.
"All Queenslanders must carry a mask at all times when they leave home, unless they have a lawful reason not to," Mr Healy said.
"You must wear a mask in indoor spaces, such as:
• Shopping centres, supermarkets, retail outlets and indoor markets
• Hospitals and aged care facilities
• Hospitality venues such as restaurants and cafes (not required for patrons while seated, customer-facing staff only)
• Churches and Places of Worship
• Indoor recreational facilities and gyms (more advice about gyms will be released by Queensland Health in due course)
• Indoor workplaces (where safe to wear a mask and you can’t physically distance)
• Public transport, ride shares and taxis
• Airports and travelling on planes
"It is strongly recommended you wear a mask when outdoors if you are unable to stay more than 1.5m distance from other people, such as busy walkways or thoroughfares."
Masks do not need to be worn in some circumstances, including children under 12 years, where people have certain medical conditions, and in workplaces where it is not safe to do so.
You can remove your masks to consume food or drink.
SOURCE : https://www.tropicnow.com.au/2021/march/29/masks-mandatory-across-cairns-from-tonight